We welcome you in Jesus Christ's name
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
- He was in the beginning with God.
- All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being in him was life, and the life was the light of all people.
- The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.
- But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God.
Avonmore is pleased that you are now visiting our website. It excites us.
- We are a church that upholds the traditional beliefs of the universal Christian church.
- We believe in God who is revealed in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
- We also believe the whole creation is part of God's revelation.
- We believe all God's children have the right to worship in our church.
- We believe in the holiness of God.
The basis of Union Article 1 reads as follows:
We believe in the one only living and true God, a spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable, in his being and perfections; the Lord Almighty, who is love, most just in all his ways, most glorious in holiness, unsearchable in wisdom, plenteous in mercy, full of compassion, and abundant in goodness and truth. We worship him in the unity of the Holy Spirit, three persons of the same substance, equal in power and glory. (We affirm all articles of the union.)
The Purpose of Avonmore United Church:
By the Grace of God
It is to provide the opportunity, encouragement and motivation for Christian worship, Christian education/ faith formation, Christian fellowship, Christian Stewardship and Christian outreach.
We affirm our faith through the United Church statement of faith:
We are not alone; we live in God's world.
We believe in God: who has created and is creating, who has come in Jesus, the word made flesh, to reconcile and make new, who works in us and others by the Spirit.We trust in God.
We are called to be the Church: to celebrate God's presence, to live with respect in Creation, to love and serve others, to seek justice and resist evil, to proclaim Jesus, crucified and risen, our judge and our hope. In life, in death, in life beyond death, God is with us.
We are not alone.Thanks be to God.